Apply for Aviation Academic Education Award
Open to any third level institution or business involved in the delivery and development of academic aviation educational courses or skills on the island of Ireland or a company with a significant business presence on the island of Ireland (for companies not based in Ireland, its activities must have a direct impact on Irish related operations, services and the Irish economy). In the last 12 months, it must have made a significant contribution to aviation related academic educational services.
Each institution must submit evidence for the size and nature of its organisation.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission. Please explain your overall strategy and what it has achieved to date, paying particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- What is the Curriculum? Detail curriculum development, course accreditation, and affiliation and student numbers?
- How did the course prepare the students for a career in the aviation industry?
- Dissemination of studies to the broader community: this can include publications, workshops and student awards or details of any competitions entered and prizes attained.
- Excellence in the education of students: we are looking for examples where an individual or institution has gone beyond curricular requirements to communicate and facilitate the teaching of students in any aspect of Aviation.
- Exposure of the students to the wider aviation community: this can include listings of invited speakers, details of site visits to research, industrial or other aviation institutions.