Apply for Airport Achievement Award
This award is open to any licensed aerodrome on the island of Ireland (State, Public, Private). Judges will be looking for an airport management committed to infrastructural improvement and enhancement of the passenger experience in the last 12 months.
Each entry must submit evidence for the size and nature of the airport.
Entry is by a 5 A4 page submission. Please explain your overall strategy and what it has achieved to date, paying particular attention to the criteria listed below.
- Has the airport demonstrated operational excellence, innovation and/or leadership? Is there a specific project which has been successfully implemented? The key criteria here are increasing passenger numbers, technical innovation and supporting airline route expansion.
- Other factors for consideration would include;
- Commitment to customers and delivering the best quality airport experience.
- Infrastructural improvement in facilities including retail, catering, transit facilities, cleanliness, immigration and security processing, leisure, baggage delivery and customer complaints.
- Evidence of effective management structures.
- Can you demonstrate a good working relationship with local authorities?
- Provide us with details of any specific environmental initiatives e.g. CO2 emission reduction or noise abatement.
- Outline any Safety Management processes in place and describe any steps taken to improve safety culture.